PT
EN

More than 80 Years of History


In 1927 eleven partners under the leadership of Domingos Silva and Ângelo Neves set up Aliança in Sangalhos (Anadia). From the very beginning, Aliança began by exporting to Brazil, Africa and Europe. Today more than 50% of their product is exported, particularly, their wines, sparking wines and brandies – Aliança´s hallmark in Portugal and in the roughly 60 countries they export to.

In 2007, Bacalhôa Vinhos de Portugal became their major shareholder and, once part of the Grupo Bacalhôa, the name changed to Aliança Vinhos de Portugal S.A. with an accompanying redesign of the company image.

Quinta dos Quatro Ventos, Quinta da Garrida, Quinta da Terrugem and Quinta das Baceladas are some of the Aliança wines to have received a series of national and international awards. In 2005, the prestigious American magazine Wine Spectator listed Aliança as one of the 20 best wine companies worldwide, the only Iberian one on the list.

More recently, a series of investments have led to the renovation of the company´s facilities in Sangalhos and the inauguration of the Aliança Underground Museum. This exhibition hall runs the length of the traditional Aliança cellars and covers topics such as archaeology, ethnography, mineralogy, palaeontology, tiles and ceramics, covering a period of millions of years. These archives were collected by José Berardo in order to protect and care for pieces and works of art from diverse origins, sometimes for historical value and other times for sentimental reasons.

  Share
Contacts
EN 10 | Apartado 54
2925 - 901 Azeitão

T.+ 351 212 198 060
F.+ 351 212 198 086

ana.leitao@bacalhoa.pt

GPS: 38.523885, -9.016567
Check Website              
Tasting Room
Vinhos do Alentejo 2019